Gain Insight with Metadata
Ensuring the security and reliability of high performance networks that support growing numbers of applications requires comprehensive visibility into user activity, device performance, and overall network operation.
Thorough analysis requires tools with the performance and scale to capture enormous amounts of data and features for extracting actionable information from the diverse sources of network data.
- SNMP (Simple Network Management Protocol) offers a means to monitor network devices
- Syslog offers information for system management, security auditing and debugging
- Flow formats like NetFlow, IPFIX, sFlow, etc., provide an efficient means to characterize network traffic loads and protocols, to evaluate the operation and performance of the network
Altogether these information sources, properly correlated, offer extended insight into how the network is being used, and how it is performing.
Cirries software delivers clarity with cost-effective network metadata collection, generation and analysis.
Based on an industry proven architecture designed to scale with the largest networks, Cirries provides real-time capture and correlation of any type of network data and is a crucial component in delivering comprehensive network visibility.
Metadata Collection for Real-Time Clarity
Cirries Metadata Optimizer recognizes both unicast and multicast traffic and processes SNMP, Syslog, and multiple types of flow data (NetFlow, IPFIX, sFlow and J-Flow) to:
- Provide multi-dimensional views of network traffic by summing up flow counts, bytes, packets per protocol, per application, per source IP address, destination IP address, and port over a period of time
- Report loads on network devices, top bandwidth consumers, and server response times;
- Monitor network devices and interface loads and measure bandwidth consumption for capacity planning.
- Identify applications and users of bandwidth
- Initiate alerts of network anomalies
- Consolidate and send network data to existing SIEM systems and analytics tools
Deliver Data to Multiple Destinations
Processed network metadata can be delivered in real-time to applications for immediate use or stored in a time series database for future analysis.
All Cirries products incorporate an open API for flexible support of multiple storage architectures.
The Cirries dashboard gives instant visibility into the state of the network from any web attached device.
It enables operators to see network activity and monitor alarms in real-time while automated alerts insure rapid response to network events.
Up to two million flow records/second on one server
High availability architecture: fail-safe, non-stop operation
Custom reports and notifications
Rule-based real-time alerts
User friendly web-based dashboard
Centralized management source for multiple instances
Easily deployed on hardware, virtual machine or the cloud